Simple Hello card using square vortex coils



Hello everyone!
Gosh, can't tell you how great the feeling is to make square vortex coils again this year. It's been years since I made any. The last time I made multi-coloured squre vortex coils, I used shredded papers and the results were not as good as I would like them to be. I was lazy to cut them properly back then and the manual paper shredding machine was an easy and cheap way for me to make quilling papers. To make vortex coils, I believe that we should use standard commercial quilling papers or we cut the papers using a good paper cutting machine. I cut my papers using craft knife and a metal ruler. I don't enjoy doing that but it works for now. Then the design of the vortex can be clearly seen and admired. 

For this Hello card I made recently, I had the opportunity to use standard quilling papers that I got from In Love Arts Shop. So I didn't have to cut any papers to make the quilling papers for this one. The paper itself is a little thicker than the type of paper I use to make my quilling creations. Usually I use 80gsm A4 papers. But this quilling paper is probably 90gsm or 100gsm perhaps, I'm not sure because the weight of the paper is not written on the packaging. So I have no clue. 

I've never actually used my square vortex coils as decorations on my handmade cards before. I used to make so many of them and kept them in a box. But from now onwards, I want to explore more of what I can make with them, starting with this Hello card. My first try.


Since I only got one pack of quilling papers from In Love Arts Shop, I didn't get the chance to make a lot of square vortex coils with it. I'll experiment more with my own quilling papers to make more square vortex coils. I already have a few ideas I want to try out for my handmade cards.

I've been making a lot of smaller size handmade cards lately. No energy to make bigger ones. Small ones are easier to handle and gets done faster I would say. I need to make a lot of cards soon for birthdays so smaller cards is a better choice. :)

If you wish to learn how to make your own square vortex coils, do check out my quilling tutorial at the video below. Thank you!

No comments:

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...