Hello Sweetheart - Quilling + String art card






Hello again everyone!
Happy to share another one of my quilling + string art card series today.  I still have a few more in progress with different colour combinations and arrangements.  This card is filled with pink colours in the background. There's those pink polka dots layered on top of a dark pink card stock. Then there's pink flowers, pink butterflies and pink sentiments! 

I think this is my first time trying out this colour palette. The brown string art circle match well with pink, yellow and green. I wish I had a different type of green paper for this combo but I didn't have a lot of choice for the green paper and  so the light green seemed to go well with the combo. Make do of what I have! ;)

I really really love that Hello Sweetheart die from In Love Arts Shop! It's perfect! With tiny little hearts and all together with the sentiment! Cool! I die cut the dark pink sentiment 3 times and layered them to give it a special raised effect. Loved the results. I don't have anymore problems cutting them even though the design is a bit intricate. 

Another first for me is making that big 3 layer pink and beige flower. Now that I can cut 2mm, 3mm and 5mm paper on my own, I can now experiment more on combining them in a single flower. Just a simple one and I loved it. D Will definitely do more with different techniques.

The whole idea here is to try new things, and be creative, that's  what ignites the fire within to craft more. I personally love to challenge myself every time so that I will always have the drive. 



1 comment:

Helene said...

Such a pretty card! Your mind must always be bursting with ideas. Hope one of your next tutorials will show us how you made the pretty yellow flower with such perfectly lifted centers, how cute! Thanks for sharing your creations...

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...