My first hand knitted shrug!!




Last blog post for 2019! Alhamdulillah, finally get to blog about this knitted shrug I made for my Mom. Started this project about 2 years ago when I first fell in love with knitting. I did a couple of knitted shawls for my friends and then I wanted to make something that I could wear and that's how I ended up knitting a shrug which is the most simple outerwear for newbies like me! I am clueless when it comes to reading or following a pattern for knitting or crochet so since knitting a shrug does not involve reading a pattern so, it was an easy choice for me to make at the time.




I used the dot yarn to make this shrug which was perfect because it is so soft and comfy. Easy to knit with as well. I really enjoyed knitting with it. Will definitely get more of it in future. This shrug is actually a mix of knitting and crochet. I crochet the finishing to make it look more neat. 

My Mom loved it, I actually made this shrug for her as a birthday gift. Managed to complete it before her birthday this time! Yay! :D She's been waiting for it for so long.

I have one more shrug to complete and this time it is actually for me but I'm using a different type of yarn and it is a lot less thick compared to the dot yarn. Not sure when I can finish it though....hopefully I can complete it before 2021. I started knitting it about the same time as I knitted for my Mom. But I decided to complete my Mother's shrug first as I wanted her to have it for her 70th birthday. 

I can't believe today is the last day of 2019. I feel like I haven't completed a lot of things this year. I really hope my health will improve a lot more next year so that I can do more. That's all I hope for every year. To create and share more of what I love with everyone around the world. In Shaa Allah....may Allah fulfill all my wishes....aminn.


1 comment:

Mason Carter said...

The content is simple, clear, and comfortable to read from start to finish. I checked Slope Game Online and enjoyed the changing track design. Sudden gaps and turns can end a run quickly, so careful movement matters. Trying to reach a better score makes each new attempt more interesting.

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...