Four colours shell shape quilling flower







I made this flower a few days ago. Uploaded photos of them and a short video of it on Instagram first because I just couldn't wait to share them with everyone, as usual, hahaha. I need to learn to be more patient I guess and blog about it here first before sharing it anywhere else.

I was kinda obsessed with making those shell shapes petals over and over again. Then it occurred to me that I should try using more than 2 colours per petal and see how it would turn out. To be honest I think 4 colours is the limit for me! More than that, it would be so difficult for me to hold on to the petals without messing with it's shape.

The plastic lice comb is the most suitable comb to be used for me to make this 4 colours shell shape quilling flower. This is because the tooth of the comb is very small and thin. Thus giving more room to comb more layers of quilling paper. The bigger the tooth and larger gaps in between would make it harder to add a lot of layers. It's hard to explain, I guess you have to try it yourself to understand what I'm trying to say.

So far, I've only tried using these colours like soft pink, cyber pink, fluorescent pink and red. The combination is great! I would love to try more other colour combinations in future and show them to everyone here. Till then! ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's amazing. Thank for sharing. I'll definitely try it.
Thanks

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...