Quilled lanterns on CNY cards

CNY012

I wanted to make some Chinese New Year cards for my neighbours this year. I didn't have time to make complicated and overly fancy cards for them this year, therefore I opted for something really simple and fast to do. So I decided to make these quilled lanterns. It's the first time for me to make them. They are not that difficult to make too.

I made two types, one vertical card and the other a horizontal one. The horizontal one has pop up cherry blossoms inside it. I haven't been making new pop up card designs for quite a while now. It was great fun making them this year. Really thrilling even though it was a simple one :). Gosh...I'm so easy to please hahahaha!!


You can view how the cherry blossoms pops up inside the card at the video below. :)


6 comments:

Grace to You said...

Lin, these are so pretty!

Shylaashree said...

beautiful dotted embossing, quilled lanterns, a nice way of welcoming the new year Noor

HeNRieTTa JoSe said...

sooo cute....i love the pop up cherry blossom...

Unknown said...

Nk follow sis punye insta n nk beli quilling paper..tp x jumpe imsta sis.mcm mne ye klau nk beli?

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you so much everyone! <3 :)

Lovingcottage said...

What a unique CNY card! Love the quilled lanterns :)

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...