Hand-carved rubber stamps


I remembered, way back in 2009, a good friend of mine gave me a set of carving tools for me to use to make my own rubber stamps. I did gave it try on an old and new rubber and gave them a new life. I posted some photos of them back then at my personal blog. You can view the posts at the link HERE and HERE. I did made more after that but I stopped carving rubbers until just recently. Somehow, the mood to carve came and I just couldn't stop! I can't believe that I've been keeping the carving tools and rubbers for the past 6 years!! OMG!! I felt so bad for neglecting them :(.

I guess the thing that triggered me to make my own handmade rubber stamps now is my need for simple stamp designs for my own handmade cards. I really need something simple but I can't find them at the craft store. Another reason is of course the price. I think it's better for me to try making them myself since the designs that I wanted are quite easy to do. 

I just start with something easy and who know perhaps in future I will be able to make complicated ones. I have doubts about that since I have shaky hands. It's not easy to carve when your hands are shaking. It's a real challenge.


I love making stamps like the ones I made above. Simply because they are the easiest type to make! Playing with the positive and negative space in a design is fun! And when carving a rubber stamp using a design that has a lot of negative space is much easier compared to the ones with a lot of positive space. And I love carving out the positive space and just holding them on my fingers as they are just so cute!!

The ones below are the type of designs that has a positive image. They are a bit difficult to carve out. Really tested my patience but it was a good experience nonetheless. I just need to focus more and be gentle when carving them.


Of course this won't be the last time I carve rubber stamps. There will be more to come in future in shaa Allah. As long as there is a need, then there will be time for me to make them. This is just the beginning of a wonderful journey..... :).


7 comments:

Grace to You said...

Wow, Lin, I'm so impressed! Most people don't start out carving words - they're really hard. You did a marvelous job!!

Sandi

KT Fit Kitty said...

Awesome job with your own handmade stamps! What a cool idea!

Fiqa Nsz said...

nice one! i wish i have one too (the carving tools) :P

ummi aiza said...

Cantiknya! Tak pernah terfikir pon nak buat rubber stamp sendiri. Ok sekarang saya dah geledah pencil case anak kot2 ada lebihan pemadam :)

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you so much everyone! Love to all :).

Ganesh Balasti said...

Really Amazing Work I love this whatsapp status

HeNRieTTa JoSe said...

wow...nice kak lin....u can say ur hands a are shaking...as i will alway know...ur hand are very good at any craft...

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...