Tri-color quilling flowers.....

AC004
Another pending order ready for delivery today :) I'm so happy I managed to get this done on time hehehe. This was a request from my customer who was interested in my HB014 card design. She especially loved the sexy pop up lips inside the card. But for the front design I changed it so that it would look different. I'm always trying to make it different every time.....even if the changes are minor ones....at least it's different from my previous designs.

This time the changes is quite obvious because I'm using the quilling technique :) As you all know, I'm quite obsessed with it lately.....so I'm experimenting with it on most of my new designs..hehehe. I'm quite happy with how it turned out.....the flowers I made had 3 colors in it.....red, blue and white. Actually my customer wanted this card to be in a combination of red, blue, black and white......but I decided not to add the black because I didn't think it was suitable for this particular design. Perhaps for other designs it would be good to add the black. So I tried my best to use all those colors....and added some gold and beige as well to match it all up. At first I didn't think that gold and beige colors would be suitable but in the end.....I thought it looked ok with me :) I like it! hehehe!

As I was making the sexy pop up lips....I remembered that it was my first pop up experiment in 2008...how long time ago that was....and how scared I was making it for the first time. I didn't have the confidence to do it back then, and I didn't know anyone at that time who was able to help me, I figured how to do it on my own...I'm glad my customer gave me the support. :) I used to think it was so difficult to do it....but now I can say how easy it is to pop that sexy lips. It took me years to understand the mechanics of pop ups.....but I'm getting there....not an expert yet....but I'm getting there...God willing :).

4 comments:

mangosteenskin said...

ooo nice. nampak vintage.

macam alas meja, atau kain-kain zaman 70-80an. teringat pulak zaman kecik2 bila nampak kad ni.

:)

paylin said...

That’s beautiful creation and lovely layout

Takecare n have a great weekend
Happy crafting
regards
^_^

Asma’ AB said...

hai kak lin! dulu as buat bisnes quiiling card jugak. time blaja kat u dulu. tp since da keje, bznye tak menyempat2 dah nak menggulung. nampak kak lin makin suke buat quill ni rs jeles pulak.. ehehehe.. i should start again since rs mcm dah byk community yg into this art kat mesia ni. rs dah ad kwn. hihi. thnks for shring the other quill crafter kat sidebar. rs nk bukak balik blog craft lama n share with u all!

Azlina Abdul said...

Mango....ha'ah laaa....now that you mentioned it...memang betul...hehehe the colors really does make a difference :)

Paylin...thank you so much...you have a great weekend too! :)

Hi Asma'! Yup! YOu should start a blog about quilling too! Jom kita quilling! :)

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...