My first twist circle pop up card


HR033


Hello everyone!

In continuation from yesterday's post, today I want to share another Eidul Fitri card that I made this year. This one is a little bigger in size compared to the other design that I blogged about yesterday that is only half the size of this card. I only made two Eidul Fitri card designs this year and as I said in yesterday's post, this year's card designs are all about flowers and I chose the Rose flower as the subject matter for this one.

I also made a pop up for this card and the thing is, the mechanism for this one is similar to the one I made for the other Eidul Fitri card. When I was learning how to make the pop up twist from the various YouTube tutorials, I found out that the base for the pop up twist is the same as the base for the pop up twist circle. The only difference is how the position of the circle is glued to the base of the pop up. They both twist as they pop up but in a different direction and I find that to be so interesting!! That's why even though I don't have the die cut for this pop up, I still challenged myself to do it manually. The pop up twist is definitely easier to do compared to the pop up twist circle. I almost gave up doing it in the beginning but my many experiments finally became successful in the end. So NEVER give up trying!! :D


I just love these Rose flower die cuts from Die-namics. I have two different types of Rose flower die-cut patterns, but this one is my favourite. Once the patterns are cut, they need to be embossed in order to get that look similar to of a Rose flower.


Another thing I love doing whenever I make my handmade cards is sewing beads on the card. I think this is the first time I'm sewing these beads this way. Usually I would sew them on a square or rectangular shaped paper, so it's a first for me to sew them along the lines of this oblong shaped paper. 

Although I didn't make any quilling flowers, I did however made some quilling sprigs to use as part of the decoration for the flower arrangement. Not too many of them though, as I don't like seeing them too overcrowded. They seem to blend well with the Roses ;). 

You could see that I used a Rose pattern corner punch to punch out the corners for the pop up insert inside the card and also for the front layer of the card. I really like this puncher because not only I can use it to punch out Rose pattern on the corners but I can also cut out pieces of Roses with it. And I used them to decorate on the twist circle pop up. I love playing with the Rose puncher and see what else I can do with it for future projects. It's nice to buy a puncher and to find out that it can be used for multiple of things, not just one. :)

Do check out the video of the card below. Thank you so much for watching!


6 comments:

HeNRieTTa JoSe said...

nice.....

Azlina Abdul said...

Henrietta Jose....thank you dear ;)

David said...

Thanks for writing this quality informational content. I really appreciate your good technique, which is impressive. I think your all-handmade art is incredible. Thanks for sharing a wonderful idea with us. Keep sharing more thoughts with us. Now it's time to get Roofing Services in Wayne for more information.

johnson said...

It is a highly intriguing and pertinent post. I cherish the time you utilised to compose this. The instances and data are extremely helpful. Keep up the good work! Please visit my website.
Abogado De Divorcio En Virginia
Leesburg Divorce Lawyer

Richard said...


Your attention to detail is impeccable and sets a standard for excellence.minecraft earth servers
exemplify the power of sandbox gaming, where players have the freedom to shape their virtual worlds.

rudrapratap thapar said...

Your invaluable input, unwavering commitment, and profound insights greatly enrich our educational journey. We wholeheartedly value your generous sharing of knowledge, which fosters collective progress and enhances our academic endeavors. If you're seeking guidance on studying abroad, look no further! Study Abroad Our team of experienced consultants is available 24/7, ready to assist you whenever you need help. Don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns – we're here to support you.

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...