Sewing on paper for beginners



Hello everyone!
As promised, I made this very basic video tutorial explaining how I sew on paper and use them as part of the decoration on my handmade cards. Most of you would know how much I love sewing on paper for many years now but most of the sewing that I did before were pretty basic and simple. I wasn't brave enough to do a more complicated design until I figured things out and realised how easy it is to do it given the right method.


All these years, I've been doing it wrong until recently I started using graph paper. Graph paper is a fantastic medium for sewing on paper because it has all those guide lines all ready on the paper. All that is needed for me to do is decide on what design I want to do and mark them on the paper. Once they are marked, I simply just pierced the graph paper through, which will also pierce together the card stock underneath it. The graph paper is especially wonderful if we want to do cross stitch designs. I love cross stitch!


There's just so many designs you can choose from and apply them on the card and sew. Free ideas and patterns are available in embroidery books or on the internet. Thousands to choose from! There is no limit to what you can do with sewing. I love using ideas from cross stitch books or embroidery books. So many inspirations there. 

You can add beads and sequins too! Just like how I showed in the video below. If you haven't seen my previous post "Stitching on cards", do click on the link HERE . I posted a lot of photos of my work there where I did a lot of cross stitch and simple embroidery on cards. Do check out the video below to see how I begin sewing on paper/cards and how I end them. It's a little different compared to sewing on fabric and so therapeutic too. Hope you will give it a try yourself. Thank you for watching! ;)


No comments:

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...