Thursday, March 24, 2016

Purple and peach roses easel card

HB129

I cannot remember if I have ever done a purple and peach colour combination before in the past for any of my handmade cards but I'm glad that I did so for this card as I really like this combination. It's all thanks to my customer who requested these colours.

This is also a first for me to add a photo frame on an easel card. This is another request from my customer. I've already done photo frames for my tri-shutter cards before and I was excited that I could try to add one for this easel card too. The only issue is the size of the frame. I knew I could not fit a big one on it, so I added a small one, that is just big enough to fit a photo of a person in it. 

The design for this card is a lot similar to the easel card design I've done before where I decorated it with lots of die cut paper roses. I just love making them! Especially with patterned papers.

I also tried to write the sentiment myself with the brush lettering technique. I still have a lot to learn and I love learning how to do it. I am constantly learning and improving my brush lettering strokes. I do so that I am able to use the skill on my handmade cards. I do love seeing them on my handmade cards a lot! It simply is a good thing to see for a change from computer printing or stamping.

Do check out the video below to see how the card opens and put on a stand. Thank you! :)


Purple and peach roses easel cardSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

6 comments:

CC said...

So beautiful, Lin! And your lettering is beautiful too! ♥

HeNRieTTa JoSe said...

i always adore your roses kaklin....i love them so much....

this ni3za said...

Cantik sgt..I love DIY..Tp xde mase nk buat..hoho

Noor Azlina Abdul Samad K. said...

Dear CC,
Thank you so much!! Love you!! ;)

Noor Azlina Abdul Samad K. said...

Henrietta,
Thank you so much!! I love those roses too!! ;)

Noor Azlina Abdul Samad K. said...

this ni3za,
Terima kasih dear!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...