Quilled flower arrangements in gold, silver and white


Ok! As promised in my previous post. Here are the close up photos of the quilled flower arrangements project that I made for my students. :)

This is my first try at making a quilled flower arrangement on an A4 size board. I was actually inspired by my quilling students who loved to make their quilled flower arrangements on boards. They made it in smaller sizes and I thought it was a really nice idea to do something similar with a different twist to it. I made it using just 3 different colour strip of paper.....gold, silver and metallic pearl white paper strip. All the quilling strip used for this quilled flower arrangement were made using papers that were shredded using the mini paper shredder. I chose a thicker type of paper for this project as the paper available were a bit thicker compared to the other quilling strips I've used before.

Since the board itself was quite plain and didn't have a nice background for the quilling arrangement I had in mind, I decided to paste on it an A4 size paper that had a metallic silver sparkle to it's black background. It seemed perfect for my idea. 

For this one, I made a new flower pattern for it. Not sure what to call it hihihi. I've never made something like it before on any of my card designs. It's something new I created using the quilling comb. I really like the middle part of the petal....the silver part...and I did a husking technique on both sides of the silver part then wrapped it with a metallic white quilling strip. The first time I made it when I was experimenting with the new idea, I only made the silver part as a petal by itself. Only later on that I decided to combine it with the husking technique. I love the combination of the two techniques :).




I don't know why but I've always loved to arrange flowers this way. Love seeing it slanting to one side....either to the left or to the right. For this one I made the Royal flower patterns but with the husking technique inside that has two different type of colour paper....gold mixed with silver. I just love doing this type of combination. I love the leaves I made for this flower arrangement too! I made it using the combing technique and see how the loops are so close to each other?? That's because I used a really small hair comb ;). 

I hope to have the time to make more projects like this in future. Perhaps something more complicated, something more challenging. I always have difficulty trying to do that because I always end up making it look so simple. ;)





29 comments:

dorine said...

Love the designs and colour

jaja said...

awesome kak lin...i love it! quill atas mounting board mme best,rasa puas sgt..haha!! :D

Azlina Abdul said...

Hi Dorine...thank you :)

Hi Jaja....thank you dear...ha'ah laa...akak baru nak belajar rasa nikmatnya buat quilling atas mounting board....best and puas sangat! :D

chillin with Quillin said...

WOWWWWWW there both so gorgeous!!!
Paula

basirahshah said...

cantik sangat!!! Nak tanya Lin guna paper 80gms ke? Nape nampak mcm solid sgt?

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you so much Paula!! ;)

quilled paper paradise said...

Very nice. It looks so soft

HeNRieTTa JoSe said...

wow....they are so beautiful....

Mihaela said...

I love your flowers, looks gorgeous!

Szalonaisa said...

beautiful works

CikguAreefNaim said...

salam,

wah cantiknya! sangat kreatif...

alhamdulillah, hadiah January 2012 Blog GA dah dpt... TQVM!

http://ibnunaeem.blogspot.com/2012/02/tq-tq-tq.html

Neli Quilling said...

Beautifull! Very delicate and elegant! Greetings!

Unknown said...

Love the designs and your work. thank you for sharing us.

Funeral flowers arrangements

k@rin said...

love the design of your flowers. Love the combinatie of your colours

Baukje said...

beautiful combination I love your work!
Greetings Baukje

Philippa said...

Wonderful - love the sparkly background, too!

Hani said...

I love this idea and the color combination is wonderful.. Thanks for linking up at Friday fun party..

Syaz said...

Kak Lin, love the arrangement..Nmpk exclusive..

Azlina Abdul said...

Basirah Shah...untuk flower arrangement ni akak guna kertas jenis 120gsm. Tebal skit dari 80gsm tu. And nampak solid sebab batang bunga tu akak layerkan kertas tu banyak kali...sebab tu nampak tebal.

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments...I appreciate it very much! ;)

aureliaeugenia said...

Elegant arrangement and the flowers are so delicate and gentle.All in all is beautiful!
aureliaeugenia.
ps .come to my blog and see if you like my creations.

Crafty Diva's said...

Cantik la..nice clr combination..

nt blh try wat kt board gak la..

Anonymous said...

great..... i have start learning this art by watching ur toturial.... thank u for that.... plz can u post a toturial of doning 3 tone flower . i am
enable to under in images..... its an request

Cheida_Mymee said...

hi sis.. nice to meet u...
really nice art!! suke sgt!! kak pon x kedekut tutorial!! keep it up!!

Candycamille said...

magnifique et j'aime beaucoup les formes, les associations de couleur mais je ne suis qu'une débutante. Merci beaucoup
Marie-Pierre

Azlina Abdul said...

Everyone is so sweet! Thank you so much! :)

David Carter said...

I found this article very interesting. Good post. Compared to other posts I read recently, this is outstanding. You will learn more about this topic in my post Morse code. Thanks for this great post. After spending a few hours researching, I came across this article Morse code translator, which is worth reading.

Lester Martinez said...

There are several possible causes for a dead pixel on your television. The majority of dead pixels are caused by faulty power connections. Some are caused by the pixel's transistor failing to recognize or receive the electrical voltages that instruct the pixel to light up or display a specific color. Some dead pixels are caused by manufacturing flaws. Read this article to know how to fix dead pixel on Samsung TV.

David Carter said...

Wow, what a powerful article! The concise writing style combined with the impactful message left a lasting impression on me. Check the privacy settings on your operating system or video conferencing software. Ensure that the webcam is allowed access to the applications, and any necessary permissions are granted. Visit this article to know more about how to fix webcam problem.

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...