Love themed birthday card


HB085

I got this order yesterday afternoon and I had to get it done and posted today. Wow...it's been a while since I took short notice orders from customers. Usually I wouldn't have done this. But since he gave me the freedom to do whatever I wanted, I excepted. Provided that the design must be a new one from me.....and it must not be something that is already available in my blog......so it had to be a fresh design from me. 

Honestly I didn't have a clue of how I was going to get it done. It's a birthday card with a love theme. He wanted it to be sweet and have lots of heart shapes in it. Of course, he also wanted a pop up inside it with the same theme.

After seriously brainstorming the ideas in my head, I finally decided to use my new heart shape craft punch set that I bought recently to do designs for the pop ups. I just love how it looks. This is the first time I've ever used a heart shape craft punch for my designs.......well, I mean a bigger size heart shape craft punch that is. Before this I would usually cut the heart shapes myself by hand. But I love using the craft punch now....coz it's so sharp and easy to use. Love playing with it. :) I was so happy that I managed to get the pop up done last night in such a short time. All thanks to the craft punches :)

I thought I was going to get inspired to do the design of the card itself in the morning but no great ideas came to my head until about 10.00am that I finally got something even though it's a simple idea but still, a simple idea is better than no idea at all hahahaha! :D So I proceeded with the idea and this is how it looks like in the end :). I've already posted the card even though my customer has not seen it yet! LOL!  He was too busy with work to check his email. He trusted me and gave me the permission to post it straight to his girlfriend.....awwww....he is so sweet! :) His girlfriend is a lucky gal! :)


Have a look at this photo above. He asked me to print this wording out in very small font and paste it at the back of the card below my logo. Isn't it sweet???? :) He must love her very very much. :)


17 comments:

Asma’ AB said...

o woooooow!! this card is so so so sweeet!!!! :D :D

Azlina Abdul said...

heheh...thank you so much As! :)

••♥shidaradzali♥•• said...

usually simple is sweet :)

Trend Square said...

Love your cards, you are very creative.
my blog address: http://trendsquare.blogspot.com/

chillin with Quillin said...

Really sweet card, love the pop up and the quilled hearts are lovely. Love the little saying, it's so sweet!!!
Paula

eiela said...

like this card very much, so sweet lah. rasa nak grab je satu. huhu rambang mata. =P

Nikita A said...

All your cards are really beautiful!! I have been following your blog for a while now and I'm amazed at your creations!

I have a question though. I have been quilling for almost a year now and I have used only plain edged strips. What kind of paper did you use to get the effect on these hearts and on those love birds that you made?? Would really appreciate your help because I have tried crimping the strips.. but they do not have the same effect.

Thanks a lot!
Nikita.

Crafty Diva's said...

suker ngan byk2 love..

eVy-D-YaNa said...

so sweet!

Fa'izah [eqin] said...

awwwww,i'm so jealous to that girl! wish that my sweetheart would do something like this...btw,nice card u do kak! so creative! =)

Mona Garg said...

Hi Lin
There is an award waiting for you @
http://quillingideas.blogspot.com/

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you so much to all who left such sweet comments about this birthday card! :) I really appreciate it a lot!

Nikita...
I shred A4 sized papers to get that effect. I've never used store bought quilling paper before. I have a mini paper shredder at home that I use to shred the paper for my quilling activities. Perhaps you can get one too so that you will get that same effect for your quilling paper :)

Nikita A said...

Thank you so much for letting me know!! I've always wondered how people got that effect!! Now I know.. Glad I could ask you! :)

Anonymous said...

awwww thats so cute... i just love it.....awesome job.....

http://mano-arts.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

sister, pinjam ayat omputeh itu yea ;)

Maneka said...

I love this one lin... y dont u try it in multi colors....???

edacomel said...

mcm maner nak buat pop tu jadi mcm 2 ye...kalau x keberatan berkongsi tip ..he he he

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...