Origami dress!


After making letting my fears out and adventuring into the world of origami this week, I've so far only manage to make origami shirts...lots and lots of it hehehe......and so today, I'm doing another origami pattern which is the origami dress! It's the simplest origami dress pattern I've found! I've seen other designers who have done a much more complicated origami dress....with lots of pleats on the skirt but for me as a beginner, I'll try and do the simplest one first and see how it goes from here. :)

Again.....as always, I would google about it and search on Youtube or any other tutorial websites that can give me a demonstration on how to make the origami dress from scratch. For me, it's easier to follow the steps if I look at the live video instead of looking at step by step photos of instructions. Especially if the live video is a good one....with clear visual and instructions.

I don't have a lot of beautiful patterned papers or origami papers or wrapping papers.......I have just a few that would be suitable for me to use for this particular experiment. This particular one that is actually  a leftover from a previous project I did way back when....... for one of my card designs hehehehe. So what I did was, instead of cutting it into a square shape, I cut it into a rectangular shape....specifically A6 size. As you can see from the above photos, I followed the steps according to the video tutorial below......and even though I used a rectangular shape paper, it was still possible to make the origami dress....so it does not have to be specifically a square shape.
Since I used an A6 size paper to make the origami dress, the dress end up looking quite big in size....in fact it almost fill up the pink half A4 size card you see above. So if I wanted it to be smaller, I would have to cut the paper in smaller sizes in order to make the origami dress look smaller and cuter. I didn't decorate it or put any embellishments on it yet. This is just one of my experiments hehehehe. So perhaps later I'll make more origami dresses for me to use for my card designs. I'm really happy I tried this....hopefully I get to try more origami patterns soon! Check out the video tutorial below if you wish to try making one yourself! Have fun! :)


8 comments:

ana said...

nice...very nice...
it looks like the real dress...
:)

~FAWA~ said...

cantik23x!!!

Mama Zharfan said...

i'm impressed as usual :)

Azlina Abdul said...

Ana...thank you!!! I wish I have more pattern papers to make dresses like this!

Fawa....terima kasih dear!

Mama Zharfan....hehehe....thank you so much!!!

Asma’ AB said...

ayoyo!! sohmel sahngat!! ^__^ nampak classic n simple dress tu :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card as usual. Love this pattern. Very fitting for a dress. Very well done.

Barb

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you so much Barb! :) I'll be looking for more beautiful paper patterns in future...especially the ones with flowers :)

Arunima Chatterjee said...

This is sooo cute :) you are really innovative!!

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...