My first hand knitted shrug!!




Last blog post for 2019! Alhamdulillah, finally get to blog about this knitted shrug I made for my Mom. Started this project about 2 years ago when I first fell in love with knitting. I did a couple of knitted shawls for my friends and then I wanted to make something that I could wear and that's how I ended up knitting a shrug which is the most simple outerwear for newbies like me! I am clueless when it comes to reading or following a pattern for knitting or crochet so since knitting a shrug does not involve reading a pattern so, it was an easy choice for me to make at the time.




I used the dot yarn to make this shrug which was perfect because it is so soft and comfy. Easy to knit with as well. I really enjoyed knitting with it. Will definitely get more of it in future. This shrug is actually a mix of knitting and crochet. I crochet the finishing to make it look more neat. 

My Mom loved it, I actually made this shrug for her as a birthday gift. Managed to complete it before her birthday this time! Yay! :D She's been waiting for it for so long.

I have one more shrug to complete and this time it is actually for me but I'm using a different type of yarn and it is a lot less thick compared to the dot yarn. Not sure when I can finish it though....hopefully I can complete it before 2021. I started knitting it about the same time as I knitted for my Mom. But I decided to complete my Mother's shrug first as I wanted her to have it for her 70th birthday. 

I can't believe today is the last day of 2019. I feel like I haven't completed a lot of things this year. I really hope my health will improve a lot more next year so that I can do more. That's all I hope for every year. To create and share more of what I love with everyone around the world. In Shaa Allah....may Allah fulfill all my wishes....aminn.


No comments:

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...