Brass stencil


OK!!!! After watching that dry embossing video tutorial yesterday, I decided to give it a try at dry embossing using a brass stencil. I only have one of these beauties hehehehe. I bought this brass stencil at Craft Haven, One Utama. They have so many varieties of brass stencils there. You will be spoilt for choices! I on the other hand didn't have enough money at the time to buy the different patterns.....huhuhuhu......so I only bought one....for my collection....booohooohooooo so sad :(. 

Anyways! Back to the experiment heheehhee......as you can see from the photos I lined up above.....you can view the step by step process of the dry embossing technique I did. First I chose the pattern on the brass stencil that I would like to have embossed on the four corners of the small gift card. I then chose a paper that is not too thick and light in color for me to see through the image of the patterns on the brass stencil behind the card. If it's too thick then it would be difficult to see through it or to emboss the patterns.

I emboss the chosen pattern one by one on each corner of the card. And tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! It's done! Now all the corners have that embossed flower pattern on the card. It's not that hard to do and it only takes a few minutes to get it done. :) BUT....if I had a light box like the one shown in the video tutorials, it would be much faster and easier for me to do it. And there won't be a lot pressure marks on the card like the one I made. I was basically pressuring the paper with the stylus blindly coz I couldn't see the patterns of the stencil behind the card....hehehe. Perhaps I can find a better solution to this later on....but for now, this is how I did it...... :).

16 comments:

mangosteenskin said...

This is great lin! Mango pernah nampak juga this bras thing, boleh jg guna utk stencil kan? tapi...harga boleh tahan. hehe.

Azlina Abdul said...

Thanks Mango....yup...boleh juga guna macam2 cara brass stencil ni...lots of great way to use it in card making. :) The price if I am not mistaken...around RM8 to RM9 for this small size brass stencil...mahal kan??? huhuhuhu kecik jer sizenyer.

Grace to You said...

You just amaze me, how you keep trying new things! This is beautiful...

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you Sandi, glad you like my experiments :D....life is short no? I'm just trying new things as much as I possibly can with the time I have :).

sararisa said...

waaaa...sangat cantik!! thanks for sharing...

Asma’ AB said...

this is lovely, kak lin!! thnx for sharing.. nati nak cariklah bnd2 ni ;)

hehe.. btw, when you call it as experiment, rasa mcm saintis lak kan?? hehehe..

Azlina Abdul said...

Sararisa....thanks! Sharing is caring! :)

Asma'....thanks!! Kat KL banyak benda2 nih...senang nak beli, siap duit jer hehehe.....ha'ah laa...dulu masa kecik2 memang teringin nak jadi saintis kononnya...hahaha....tak kesampaian!! LOL!

Eve said...

oh dear..you did it so well! I've tried to do once but failed. I'm gonna try it again after looking and reading at your post! You make me wanna experiment again! :) thanks lin for the tutorial.

Zann said...

Beautiful...love to try myself...

Azlina Abdul said...

Eve...if at first you don't succeed...try try again! Good luck experimenting! Love to see your experiments soon!

Zann....thanks! All the best to you!

nasuha ahmad helmi said...

salam kak lin,cantik dan kemas akak buat embossed nih,saya ada try buat tapi bahagian tepi selalunya jadi kedut...ada tips tak untum buat bahagian tepi tu tak kedut?

Azlina Abdul said...

Salam Nasuha....errmmm kedut camana tu ek? Tak leh nak imagine...maybe you can try applying wax on the paper first before embossing it. Kak Lin tak letak pun wax sebelum emboss and I find it a bit difficult to emboss sebab takde pelincir. So maybe you can try the wax seperti mana diajar dalam video tutorial yg K.Lin letak kat post sebelum nih. And be sure not to put too much pressure masa emboss ye...kena gentle skit buat benda ni...takut terkoyak kertas tu kalau terlalu kuat letak pressure dan sebagainya. Good luck!

lhping said...

Hi, Lina.. we can use any type of paper to do it is it?

Azlina Abdul said...

Hello Ihping....
I used a 2 sheet card paper....it's not too thick, so it's not a struggle for me to emboss it. If it's too thin, it will easily get torn. :) Good luck!

paperpapier said...

lovely embossed designed. tips for the light box, you can diy by using a dicarded plastic rectangle gift basket (the one you got it at the bottom of the Hari Raya Hamper normally in red color..), put a small light box (it is only RM5 at Daiso store) inside the basket and put on top of the basket a cut-out A4 size glass (get it from hardware shop, about RM4) and there's your diy embossed mini workstation. You can emboss it while sitting in the sofa watching tv with your basket on your lap and store the tools inside the basket after done. A multi-purpose recycle item.

TheBubblyMe said...

Lin...I've been searching on how to do embossing..was thinking to do it on my wedding favors tag...(probably) =D. thanks for sharing dear!

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...