I LOVE YOU...

V023

Inspired by my beaded bookmark collection, I began to try out new possibilities of using those plastic beads for my new card collection and this is another one that I came up with after having so much fun using them for my latest Mother's day card :). 

I also experimented with the clear stamps I received from my dear friend in USA (Sandi Staley), quite a while back. She sent me the "i love you" and the "slim heart shape" clear stamps. I've been keeping them safely for too long......hehehe.....there are lots more of the clear stamps  in my collection that I've never even tried. Been thinking a lot about how to use them to decorate my cards. It's a challenge for people like me who rarely use this technique to decorate my cards. I just couldn't quite decide where to stamp them hehehe. That has always been the problem. I'm getting used to it.....need to experiment more :) It's actually quite fun once you get the hang of it!

Oh! I forgot to mention that this is the first time after a long long time that I am coming up with a new shape of card. For quite sometime now I've only been using the half A4 size cards. Long time ago back in 2007, I've done the long slim card version but that one was too slim to fit in a lot of words when we write our wishes in it. So I thought perhaps I would make it a little wider for more space inside to write what's on our mind. Also, this gives me more space to decorate since it's a little wider. :)

The pop up inside is a big red heart shape that is partially decorated with tiny gold hearts that was punched out using my new heart shape craft punch. I'm having so much fun with it by the way hehehe.....:) Then I stamped the "sweetheart" words in the middle of it using another clear stamp. I'm thinking of giving this card away for the May 2010 Blog Giveaway......what do you guys think? OK or NOT???? hehehhee!!


10 comments:

Mama Zharfan said...

OK sgt2!!!! i love this card soooo much!!!

nadja said...

wah creative sungguh.. i add u keep in touch.. lov ur card..

Azlina Abdul said...

Mama Zharfan....wokey!!! I will use this card as the prize for May 2010 Blog Giveaway! hehehe! Thanks!

Nadja....thanks for adding me and the lovely comments!! Do visit whenever you can!

xoxo
Lin

Mel said...

WOW! your cards are really beautiful!!!

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you Lizquek!! Appreciate it! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards!!! I would like to learn to quill.

Grace to You said...

Wow - my name mentioned in your blog - I'm honored!! :) And I love, love, love the card - esp how you stamped the greeting all down the side...I would never have thought of that. You are so creative!

Grace to You said...

Oh, and my favorite part is the beads and the way they are oriented on the card...so classy!

Azlina Abdul said...

Hehehe....Sandi...I'm glad you gave me those clear stamps! They really are great! Love them! I love the beads too! It's fun arranging them that way :)

Azlina Abdul said...

m7c57....watch Youtube videos....that's what I did to learn how to do it...it's fun and addictive! :)

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...